GFL Off-Season and Season Six Details

gflcommish gflcommish

GFL Off-Season and Season Six Details

Hey everyone, couple things as we move into Week 17 and beyond:

State of the League - We are all set to move forward for Season VI and despite the usual quitters, whiners and everything else we get from time to time, we are very strong and have a great core group here.  That said, there is no denying two things:

1. PS4 continues to hurt us.  Good owners have jumped and continue to jump ship when they get the new console.  It sucks, especially when they quit during the playoffs or a few weeks before but I can't stop it.  I have no plans to move to PS4 at least before the next game drops.  That means GFL will reside permanently on PS3 until you hear otherwise.  That doesn't mean we won't go there, perhaps as early as Madden 15 (or whatever they call it) just, I don't have a PS4 and have no immediate plans to get one (nor does my wife).

2. It's hard to gauge what the interest level will be after Season VI, but if history is any indicator, interest level typically drops as it gets warmer outside.  That doesn't mean we won't do a Season VII on M25, it just means I can't guarantee it.  That doesn't have an immediate impact on what we're doing except for one major thing - you will not be able to trade for next season's draft picks in this upcoming off-season.  For clarification, you can only trade picks you have in this off-season, during this off-season.  I don't want anyone trading for something they potentially might not be able to use if PS4 and flying kites kicks our butts in the spring and guys aren't active.

Writers/League Content - I have tried to fill roles for this and had some interest from people but nothing too consistent.  That said, GFL has had a TON of great posts from guys (Mega, Andy, Omega) etc in the way of video.  GFL Stories was busier too with more guys doing game write-ups which is awesome and really adds a lot to the league.  I would still like to see someone do a Power Rankings each week though.  Something consistent like that really adds a lot to the overall experience.  I will continue to do a 10 Things I Think I Think as often as I can.  I encourage all of you to please take a few minutes and do a writeup after your game!

Off-Season Schedule - I don't have an official off-season schedule just yet, but we DO have a way we do business with regard to the off-season.  EVERYONE needs to go to the website or click the link below and view the Off-Season and FA rules document to see how we do the off-season so you're ready for it.

http://gflcommish.wix.com/madden25#!offseason-and-fa-rules/c1875

GFL Award Winners - TBD.  If you don't have all your owner rating forms completed yet, make sure you do them asap if you want your voice heard when it comes to GFL Award winners.  The Off-Season link above has details on what this is if you don't know.

Off-Season Ideas - Typically, I have done a poll for off-season changes but I think we run a good shop here these days and I don't hear a lot of chatter with how we do business.  That said, I will open up a free dialogue in headlines where you can anonymously send your comments on what we do well, what we can do better and where we might change.  Things like All-Madden, advancing more than twice per week were a wash last time and I think we have our sweet spot right now.  Big changes might break what works.

Trade Committee - Season VI Trade Committee consists of Jullom, Mega and Jep.  TRADES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR REVIEWED until trading in game opens up during the off-season.  All trades must go through the GFL website, and be reviewed by the committee and after reviewed/approved.  At that point, a committee member will post the trade details and request both teams reply "accept" to the trade.  Once both teams reply, the trade can be processed in game.

Official Co-Commish - As if people didn't already know, Jep is our official co-commish.  Still.  And watch out, he's out for blood after losing in the playoffs.

- Commish
Jepenepe Jepenepe

Re: GFL Off-Season and Season Six Details

Something to bring up in a poll.

Adjust kickoff power sliders, kickoff returns in this league are completely ridiculous.

Some of us are in MBB and the kickoffs are much better there, there aren't nearly as many returns for TDs, nor yards gained. I think way too many games are decided by kickoff returns. For example, DChawk and I played a game this season where we had a combined 600 yards kickoff returns, that's just silly.
49ers fan for life!
mega mega

Re: GFL Off-Season and Season Six Details

i agree with jep
gflcommish gflcommish

Re: GFL Off-Season and Season Six Details

I agree too - some of the numbers this season were out of hand.  Let's review and work on that before next season.
Jepenepe Jepenepe

Re: GFL Off-Season and Season Six Details

yea, kickoff power is 60 there. I believe the numbers I came up with were 27 KR TD there and 80 KR TD here.
49ers fan for life!