GFL Season 5 Awards

gflcommish gflcommish

GFL Season 5 Awards

Pick 1:
GFL MVP
 - This person might have an overall high score in all areas.  Also factored in is my opinion based on cumulative scores and comments from In Season

WINNER - Jep – This one is a no brainer.  He could almost win every category.  Jep actually had zero Owner Ratings about him throughout the season, but filled out 11 forms himself, giving depth to the rating form.  Out of 17 Owner Feedback poll results, he got 2 most SIM votes, 1 Ease of Scheduling, 9 Most Active, 1 Most Classy and 7 GFL MVP votes.  Anyone here knows, Jep is without a doubt, GFL’s MVP, two years in a row.

Pick 2:
GFL Class Act Award for Classiest Owner
 - This person will have a lot of "classiest owner" ratings on the End of Season Owner Feedback form and high SIM ratings on the In Season Owner Rating forms.  Also factored in are comments about owners where a guy might have several good comments about his sportsmanship, etc.

WINNER – commish – I had 3 Owner ratings with a 9.9 average for scheduling and sim.  I also got 2 Most sim and 4 classiest awards.

Pick 3:
SimCity Award for Most SIM Owner
 - This person will have a lot of "most SIM" votes and on the End of Season Owner Feedback form and high SIM ratings on the In Season Owner Rating forms.  Same as the others with additional factors including comments on the Owner Rating forms.

WINNER – jullom63 – This one was easy too.  Jullom is very highly respected for his gameplay and has the results to back it up.  Jullom had 3 most votes in most SIM and the overall SIMCITY award.

Pick 4:
Mr Bandwagon Award for Most Active Owner
 - This person will have a lot of "most active" votes and on the End of Season Owner Feedback form and high scheduling ratings on the In Season Owner Rating forms.  Also factored into this is how many Owner Rating forms you personally filled out, game writeups and anything else that shows you are an active part of the community.

WINNER – megatron  - Mega scored well in everything, although he didn’t have as many votes as Zink in this particular area.  He could have gotten Classiest Owner too with lots of high remarks there, but he gets Mr. Bandwagon for being willing to do the most when I needed him.  He helped Jep with scheduling while I was out of town, plans to do more, did some write-ups, a few columns and has taken over a LOT when it comes to trades.  You guys also voted him very highly for this.

Pick 5:
Mr. Reliable Award for Ease of Scheduling
 - This person will have a lot of "easiest to schedule with" votes and on the End of Season Owner Feedback form and high scheduling ratings on the In Season Owner Rating forms.  This speaks for itself - owners either find you easy to schedule with or not.

WINNER – zink – This one was close because Zink had 4 In season forms about him and fuzzyferret had 5.  Ferret and Zink had almost identical numbers in scheduling but the difference was Zink’s overall presence, along with the end of season polls.  3 -1 in Ease of Scheduling, and 4-0 in votes for Mr. Reliable.

Congrats to the Award winners!

Last note on the award winners - there were plenty of great additions this season and there were some tough, close calls on stuff.  Plenty of you have been very active this past season and I appreciate that.  Thanks for the hilarious videos (andy, omega) awesome writeups (ryan, corn, roc, etc).  If not for the emergence of Mega this season, any one of you guys could have won Mr. Bandwagon.

I consider Season 5 kind of a renaissance season for GFL a bit.  We did a lot of things well, were as active as ever, didn't really have any issues or breaking of rules, lots of great competition, weathered the PS4 storm very well and the community is stronger than ever.  Some of you have been here a short time, some brand new and others a very long time.  Jullom, Jep, DCHawk etc can tell you - GFL has seen a lot of changes and I think we're as good as any league out there.  I appreciate all of the nice comments you guys sent (except the ones telling me to win more games - pfff to you guys.